Summer is right around the corner and it might not even be on your radar yet.
Take our advice on the little things you can do now to make the most of your time and avoid the last minute scramble.
- Hit up some consignment sales! Your kids may not have a great wardrobe for summer and have probably grown some anyway! Find a few cheap pieces to get you through those hot days and maybe a cute swimsuit too!
- Update your diaper bag (or whatever you carry!) Have an extra change of clothes for whatever happens and don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Register NOW! There are classes and camps and activities galore during the summer so keep your eye out for open enrollments or start to ask your mom friends for suggestions to ensure your kiddos spot!
- Plan your trips. If you are a working parent, you’ll need to start looking at your calendar for when you can take some time off and maybe put in for it. Reserving now can save you money and will be one less thing you have to do. Keep an eye on holiday weekend and when the kids go back to school and plan accordingly!
- Do some Spring cleaning! Sweep off the patio, replace that broken camping chair, decide what will go in the garden, and get a basket of outdoor toys ready! Bubbles and sidewalk chalk are cheap and fun! Bring on the sun!
- Keep an eye out for family-friendly events. There are Springfests, and Egg Hunts, and 5k’s, and concerts in the park! Lots of opportunities to include in your weekend plans!
- Decide on holiday plans now. Will you travel for 4th of July? Maybe this year you just want to do a BBQ for Memorial Day. Deciding what your family will do (or won’t do) will help you make other plans around that time.
- Make time for YOURSELF! We are often so busy planning and doing things for the family and others that we neglect taking the time we need to recharge and keep ourselves healthy. Make a commitment that you will do something for yourself- maybe it’s a pedicure every 2 weeks? Maybe you will go for a walk some nights after dinner. Do something that is just for you and that you can do ALONE!